Principal/Associate Ecologist – Leeds
A progressive environmental consultancy based in Leeds are seeking to appoint a skilled Principal/Senior Ecologist to support the consistent growth of the practice. Our client are an established multidisciplinary consultancy who offer a range of environmentally focused advice and professional services to support client projects across a wide range of sectors.
As a Principal/Associate Ecologist you will be actively involved with leading and developing the existing ecology team. Working hours will be divided between office-based tasks and fieldwork, candidates must therefore be willing to travel frequently between sites. Location flexibility can be arranged, however successful candidates will need frequent access to the office.
Specific daily duties may include, but not be limited to:
- Leading surveys and assessments
- Project management
- Liaising with clients and contractors
- Writing and reviewing reports
- Preparing licence applications and similar documents
- Mentoring and training junior staff
- Engaging in business development strategies
To be considered for this position, you will need:
- A strong background in ecological consultancy (at least 10 years).
- Excellent field-based skills and experience leading Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species Surveys.
- Very strong communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrable report-writing skills with experience preparing PEA and EIA reports.
- At least one protected species licence (or previously held; Bat/GCN preferred).
- Experience of EPS, mitigation and development licence applications.
- Strong computer skills
- Experience undertaking Expert Witness work.
- Full CIEEM membership or Chartered Ecologist status.
- A full, clean UK driving licence.
If you are a highly ambitious Principal/Associate Ecologist looking for your next step, this is the ideal position for you. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to assist with leading a friendly and dynamic practice with ambitious growth targets. Our client can also offer a competitive salary and an excellent bonus package, including a company phone or laptop, performance-related bonuses and a generous leave day allowance.
To be considered click apply on this advert or if you are interested in learning more about this Principal Ecologist/Associate Director of Ecology role contact our Ecology specialist Jon Davies at Zodiac Recruitment.