Senior Building Surveyor – Plymouth – Bespoke Estate Opportunity
£55,000 – £60,000 + Full benefits
Zodiac Recruitment are delighted to announce a unique opportunity for an experienced Building Surveyor to join a major estate in the South West of England, covering over 90,000 acres of land.
The Senior Building Surveyor will lead a small team of professionals who are responsible for the delivery of all building maintenance, refurbishment and new build projects across the South West. You will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of annual revenue budgets of over £1 million and a typical capex of £4 million annually. The role will include the sympathetic management of heritage buildings.
As the Senior Building Surveyor, you will continue a programme of stock improvement; pursue the adoption of suitable renewable energy technologies and improve the thermal efficiency of the housing stock.
• You are likely to be a fully qualified member of RICS, with desirably at least 10 years post qualification experience.
• A qualification in building conservation is desirable
• A comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety legislation is essential.
• A sound knowledge of the building and construction industry, project management and contract administration is essential.
• Experience of maintaining and re-furbishing traditionally constructed rural buildings is essential.
• Experience of managing buildings used for modern agriculture is essential and experience in the design of new farm steadings is desirable.
• Experience of building conservation and renewable energy is desirable.
In return for your hard work, alongside the base salary the Senior Building Surveyor will be compensated with a car allowance, 12% contributory pension, 25 days holiday and a relocation package (where applicable). The role offers fantastic opportunity to work with the Senior Management team and to be the main point of contact for their high-profile clients.
Interested? To apply for this role and many others in the region, please call Jon Taylor on 01792 940 002 for an informal chat about all our current opportunities.
Job Reference: 206006357
Salary: £55000 - £60000/annum
Job Start Date: ASAP