Senior Ecologist – Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
An internationally recognised, award-winning environmental consultancy are currently looking to expand their Warwickshire office through the appoint of a new Senior Ecological Consultant.
Reporting to: Principal Ecologist, Warwickshire.
Salary: £30,000 to £38,000 + Benefits (pension scheme, healthcare scheme, car allowance, etc).
Our client has recently merged with a UK established environmental and rural consultancy which has seen a dramatic increase in workload. In response to this increase in work, our client is now on the lookout to strategically appoint new Senior Ecologists across Buckinghamshire, North West England, Oxfordshire and the West Midlands.
The Warwickshire based Senior Ecologist will work out of a Royal Leamington Spa office, helping the in-house Principal Ecologist in managing and leading a team of assistant and consultant grade Ecologists.
Further duties of the role will include:
1. Liaising with public and private sector clients.
2. Working closely with neighbouring offices in Oxfordshire and the North West on large-scale developments.
3. Co-ordinating and undertaking a variety of protected species and Phase 1 habitat surveys.
4. Managing multiple projects and writing reports on findings.
5. Designing and implementing mitigation strategies.
6. Delegating work and mentoring junior members of staff.
To be considered for this position, you will ideally hold the following skills and experience:
• First class verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent project management and team leadership qualities.
• 4 years’ + ecological consultancy experience.
• Possession of at least one protected species licence (Bat or GCN preferred).
• Associate, Full or Chartered CIEEM membership.
• Full, clean UK driving licence.
• Experience writing a variety of survey reports, EcIA’s, HRA’s, etc.
• Experience conducting a variety of protected species, ornithological and botanical surveys.
Interested in finding out more about this or any other ecological opportunities? Do not hesitate to contact LEWIS BUCKLEY of Zodiac Recruitment on 01792 940 001.
Job Reference: 207083274
Salary: £30000 - £38000/annum
Job Start Date: ASAP