Our client, an established development agency in North London, are looking for several enthusiastic and talented web developers to join their friendly team and help them deal with a number of upcoming prestigious website builds.
About our client:
Based in Zone 2, North London our client is an open source specialist development agency. They’ve been running for over 5 years now and in that time they’ve worked on some fantastic sites including those of several household names. Since opening for business they’ve grown to be a team of around 20 staff, the majority of whom are developers, but most importantly they’ve maintained a friendly and sociable office culture along the way. Working here barely feels like work as you’re surrounded by friendly people who love technology and get real satisfaction in creating great websites that clients are delighted with. In terms of technology they’re a PHP shop and their principal tools are Symfony and Drupal. Developers here are all considered ‘full stack’, so it’s a great place to broaden your skillset.
As you can tell we feel they’re an amazing company to work for!
On top of the relaxed, friendly culture and top drawer projects our client offers the following perks:
• Subsidised hot vegetarian lunches every day provided by their dedicated gourmet chef.
• On tap barista style coffees courtesy of the commercial coffee machine they have in their office.
• A personal development budget for funding work related training.
• A summer office option where you can work from Ibiza – no seriously, last year they rented a villa for a month and half the team worked as Team Ibiza!
• Company funded trips to relevant conferences. Last year they went to DrupalCon in Barcelona.
• Innovation afternoons where you can discuss technology trends of interest and put forward ideas for their next ‘in house’ product.
Web developer jobs don’t get much better than this.
Our client is looking for solid mid to senior level developers. You’ll have at least two years of commercial web development experience and should be confident enough to take on some responsibility in development projects. You’ll have good knowledge of both front-end and back-end development so you’re comfortable working on any facet of a website. You should be a pro-active self-starter who is happy to learn new skills as projects demand.
Skills & Requirements:
The right candidate will have a good knowledge of:
• Object Oriented PHP, including experience with a PHP framework
• HTML & CSS (ideally with knowledge of responsive techniques)
• Cross browser compatibility
• Code repositories
If you have experience with Drupal and Symfony then this will be a big advantage, but it’s not essential.
More important than any of the above is that you are intelligent, passionate about website development and are always looking to learn and improve your skills.
You must also have indefinite right to live and work in the UK and be able to work onsite at our client’s office in North London during their normal working hours of 9:00-5:30 Monday to Friday.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is obviously heavily dependent on experience but our client is looking at up to £45k per year for the right person.
This is a great opportunity to work at one of the best web development companies in London. Once you start working here you’ll want to stay for a very long time!
Job Reference: 203746753
Salary: £3000 - £45000/annum
Job Start Date: ASAP